At Pen Air Federal Credit Union respect is a guiding principle. An unshakeable belief in dreams and the can-do attitudes that make them real. As the largest and oldest local credit union in Pensacola, Florida with $1.3 billion in assets, we are dedicated to enhancing lives through exceptional service, strength and financial solutions. We currently have 18 locations in
Northwest Florida and Southeast Alabama, including three student-run credit unions at area high schools. As a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution, we’ve proudly served our community since 1936.
The Pen Air Scholarship Program was established to help Pen Air student members, who have a passion for helping others, pursue a post-secondary education toward an undergraduate or associates degree or trade certification. From it's inception in 2010 through 2016, $30,000 in grants were awarded to local high school students. During the summer of 2016, the program was revised in order to make a bigger impact by providing more assistance to graduating high school members pursuing their dreams.
Pen Air will award scholarships in the amount of up to $10,000 to be paid at a level of $1,250 per semester for up to eight (8) semesters depending on the degree pursued. The scholarship will be equal to the cost billed by the school for each semester or $1,250 whichever is less. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school by Pen Air.
Submission deadline: March 31, 2017
Recipients will be announced no later than May 1, 2017.
To be considered for a Pen Air Scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Applicant must be a primary member of Pen Air Federal Credit Union. Student must be the primary owner of the Pen Air account, not just a joint owner, and the account must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior and will attend an accredited college, university, community college or technical school, and be considered a full time student for each semester for the 2017-2018 academic year as defined by the respective school. Graduate students are not eligible.
- At the completion of each semester, scholarship recipients will be required to submit a grade report for the completed semester and maintain a grade point average of no less than a “C” (2.0 on a 4 point scale) to be eligible to renew the scholarship for the following semester. In addition, the recipient must remain a member in good standing at all times to be eligible for renewal.
- Previous recipients may not apply for additional scholarships.
Please make sure to review the instructions carefully. Failure to supply all information may disqualify the applicant from consideration. Please retain a copy of the application and information for record purposes. No application or documentation will be returned.
All qualified applicants will have an equal opportunity to be selected to receive a Pen Air Scholarship. Since Pen Air is a not-for-profit credit union, we are committed to being socially responsible, therefore scholarships will be awarded based on a student’s academic performance and passion for helping others. A qualified applicant is anyone who meets the above eligibility and has submitted all required information.
Please include the following documentation when submitting your application. Any application forms submitted without these required documents will become ineligible.
- An official high school transcript
- Copy of acceptance letter from college, university, community college or technical school
- Completed and signed Pen Air Scholarship application
Applications and supporting documents are accepted via email to CollegeScholarship@penair.org or by mail to:
PEN AIR FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Attn: Scholarship Applications
1495 E. Nine Mile Road
Pensacola, FL 32514
- Tyler, West Florida High School
- Lauren, Milton High School
- Julia, Washington High School
- Moira, Navarre High School
- Lakirstan, West Florida High School
- Shelby, Pace High School
- Hannah, Navarre High School
- Savannah, Gulf Breeze High School
- Alexis, Milton High School
- Emili, Pace High School
- Allison, Washington High School
- Addie, West Florida High School
- Mikyla, Washington High School
- Tiffanie, Milton High School
- William, Pace High School
- Abby Ruth, Jay High school
- Kara, Robertsdale High School