Become a Member
At Pen Air, our mission is to enhance the lives of our members through exceptional service, strength and financial solutions. We are a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution, originally chartered in 1936 to serve civil service and military employees. That's why many recognize us for our connection to the armed forces, but since then we have expanded and membership is easier than ever!
Ways to Qualify for Membership
- Active Duty or Retired Military
- Civil Service Employee
- Partnering Select Employer Group or their employee
- Immediate Family Member of numbers 1-3
- Become a Member of the Friends of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Inc. Pen Air will make the one-time $3 donation on your behalf which enables you to qualify for Pen Air membership.
Learn more about the Friends of NMCRS Inc.
Select Employer Group (SEG)
Pen Air Federal Credit Union is a federally chartered not-for-profit financial cooperative. In order for an individual to be a member, the person needs to be an employee or member of one of our Select Employer Groups. Becoming a Select Employer Group is easy and has no cost to you or your employee/member. It offers a no-liability relationship between your company/organization and Pen Air which serves to promote each other through marketing and membership opportunities. As a Select Employer Group, you are able to offer your employees/members access to all products and services Pen Air has in addition to the great member service we are known for.
Becoming a Select Employer Group
There is a formal process to become a Pen Air Select Employer Group, but it's just three quick steps. Here's how:
1) Simply write a Select Employer Group Letter on your company/organization's letterhead requesting to become a Pen Select Employer Group. ( Select Employer Group sample letter )
2) Have the letter signed by your company/organization's manager, president, owner or HR manager.
3) Fax the letter to the Business Solutions Team at 850.439.5786 or you can email it.
*Associations will also require copies of the group's bylaws and the minutes from their last meeting.
Your request will be presented to Pen Air's Board of Directors at their next board meeting for approval. Our Business Solutions Team will notify you once you are approved. Your employees/members and their immediate family members will then be eligible to join Pen Air. At this point, you and our Business Solutions Team can discuss the best means of communicating this information to your employees/members. We offer of variety of materials and are available to come on site for presentations and Lunch and Learns.