PenAir Credit Union (PenAir) congratulates the 2021 Jeans for Communerosity Charities (J4C). Each charity will each receive a gift of $5,000, along with a commitment from the credit unions 340 employees to serve the charity through volunteer opportunities to further their missions. Continue reading
PenAir’s Jeans for Communerosity (J4C) program is an employee-driven fundraising effort to give back to those in need in the community. Each year, employees nominate and vote for local nonprofit organizations to be recipients of this philanthropic program. Funds are raised through payroll deductions, J4C days, and J4C t-shirt sales. PenAir matches employee contributions and divides them equally among the ten selected charities for the year. We’re proud to say that $195,000 of those funds came directly from the pockets of our employees.
Communerosity is a core value at PenAir our employees truly live every day. Through J4C, PenAir employees have given more than $340,000 since the program began in 2013. By the end of 2021, more than $390,000 will be given back to help make an impact in the communities we serve.
Together, we’re enhancing lives in our local community.
Meet the 2021 Charities
- Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center will use this donation to continue services of their Transparenting program, Family Advocate program, and providing counseling and prevention education to 400-500 kids this year. You can learn more about the Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center and their needs at baldwincountycac.org.
- Children’s Home Society of Florida will allocate funds toward the CA Weis Elementary School’s families program, which encourages family engagement and participation. You can learn more about Community Partnerships Schools at chsfl.org/services/community-partnership-schools.
- Council on Aging is a local not-for-profit organization that has served seniors and their families since 1972. By providing community based, in-home programs and services, Council on Aging of West Florida helps seniors throughout Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties live healthy, safe and independent lives in their own familiar surroundings. You can learn more about the Council on Aging of West Florida at coawfla.org.
- Gulf Coast Kids House is a children’s advocacy center serving Escambia County. They combine the professionals with the resources needed for intervention, investigation and prosecution of child abuse cases under one child-friendly facility. Their goal is to form a more collaborative response to child abuse cases so that they can improve case outcomes and minimize trauma to the children and families they serve. Learn how you can support Gulf Coast Kid’s House at gulfcoastkidshouse.org.
- Magic Moments will allocate funds to make non-medical gifts to children, ages 4-18 throughout the state of Alabama, with chronic life-threatening diseases. Their sole purpose is to put joy and hope back in these children’s lives. You can learn more about Magic Moments and their needs at magicmoments.org.
- The Secret Place Home is a safe space for young ladies (ages 12-25 years of age) where healing will take place, dignity will be restored, and necessary trauma informed services will be provided. Our Advocacy Center and services provide a safe space for them to further their education and dream for their future. Learn how you can support The Secret Place Home at thesecretplace.org.
- Autism Pensacola serves the individuals and families affected by autism as the leading connector and resource for autism support, advocacy, education and networking opportunities in the Pensacola Bay Area (Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties). You can learn more about Autism Pensacola by visiting autismpensacola.org.
- The Lighthouse provides domestic violence services to Baldwin, Monroe, Conecuh and Escambia counties in Alabama as well as sexual assault services to Baldwin and Escambia counties. Learn about how you can support The Lighthouse by visiting thelighthouseabeacon.org.
- Pensacola Humane Society is committed to improving the lives of companion animals in our community through advocacy, adoption, education, and sanctuary. To be agents of change within our community, the Pensacola Humane Society believes in offering unique services that help others in need. You can be a part of this too! Learn more about the Pensacola Humane Society by visiting pensacolahumane.org.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of NWFL strives to be the best home-away-from-home for families who travel to Pensacola to receive critical medical treatment for their children. Because nothing else should matter when a family is focused on healing their child – not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal or where they will lay their head at night to rest. You can learn more about the Ronald McDonald House Charities of NWFL by visiting rmhc-nwfl.org.
If you would like to learn more about PenAir’s employee funded Jeans For Communerosity program, please visit our Employee Fundraising page.