We Believe in You and Your Dreams
At Pen Air Federal Credit Union respect is a guiding principle. An unshakable belief in dreams and the can-do attitudes that make them real. As the largest and oldest local credit union in Pensacola, Florida with $1.4 billion in assets, we are dedicated to enhancing lives through exceptional service, strength and financial solutions. We currently have 15 locations in Northwest Florida and Southeast Alabama. As a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution, we’ve proudly served our community since 1936.
The Pen Air Scholarship Program was established to help Pen Air student members, who have a passion for helping others, pursue a post-secondary education toward an undergraduate or associates degree or trade certification. From its inception in 2010 through 2018, $47,250 in grants were awarded to local high school students.
Pen Air will award scholarships in the amount of up to $10,000 to be paid at a level of $1,250 per semester for up to eight (8) semesters depending on the degree pursued. The scholarship will be equal to the cost billed by the school for each semester or $1,250 whichever is less. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school by Pen Air.
To be considered for a Pen Air Scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Applicant must be a primary member of Pen Air Federal Credit Union. Student must be the primary owner of the Pen Air account, not just a joint owner, and the account must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior and will attend an accredited college, university, community college or technical school, and be considered a full time student for each semester for the 2017-2018 academic year as defined by the respective school. Graduate students are not eligible.
- At the completion of each semester, scholarship recipients will be required to submit a grade report for the completed semester and maintain a grade point average of no less than a “C” (2.0 on a 4 point scale) to be eligible to renew the scholarship for the following semester. In addition, the recipient must remain a member in good standing at all times to be eligible for renewal.
- Previous recipients may not apply for additional scholarships.
Please make sure to review the instructions carefully. Failure to supply all information may disqualify the applicant from consideration. Please retain a copy of the application and information for record purposes. No application or documentation will be returned.
All qualified applicants will have an equal opportunity to be selected to receive a Pen Air Scholarship. Since Pen Air is a not-for-profit credit union, we are committed to being socially responsible, therefore scholarships will be awarded based on a student’s academic performance and passion for helping others. A qualified applicant is anyone who meets the above eligibility and has submitted all required information.
- Caroline, Gulf Breeze High School
- Hannah, Northview High School
- Sierra, Navarre High School
- Seth, West Florida High School
- Trent, Jay High School
- Sydney, Hoover High School
- Ekaterina, Gulf Breeze High School
- Alexus, Foley High School
- Jonecia, Pine Forest High School
- Tyler, West Florida High School
- Lauren, Milton High School
- Julia, Washington High School
- Moira, Navarre High School
- Lakirstan, West Florida High School
- Shelby, Pace High School
- Hannah, Navarre High School
- Savannah, Gulf Breeze High School
- Alexis, Milton High School
- Emili, Pace High School
- Allison, Washington High School
- Addie, West Florida High School
- Mikyla, Washington High School
- Tiffanie, Milton High School
- William, Pace High School
- Abby Ruth, Jay High school
- Kara, Robertsdale High School